The Period Promise campaign by United Way is an easy way to help everybody live with the dignity that we all deserve. Join us and be a part of the solution in three ways:
- Run a campaign to collect tampons, pads, and other menstrual products to support vulnerable people in our communities.
- Make a financial donation to support the campaign and allow agencies in our communities to have funding to purchase menstrual products for their clients.
- Sign on to the Period Promise Policy Agreement and commit to providing menstrual products to staff, clients, guests, and customers.
What we know:
- Almost one-quarter of Canadian women say they have struggled to afford menstrual products for themselves or their children.
- Almost 60% of community organizations say they are asked for free menstrual products.
- Almost 80% of community agencies don’t have the money to buy them.