Applications for funding in 2018-2019 are now CLOSED.
Please be sure to review the Guidelines before submitting your application. Note that United Way is not in the position to meet all recognized needs in the community. Funding will be allocated to areas of the greatest perceived community needs first. It is possible that an agency might meet expectations on all criteria and still not be awarded funding.
How to Apply for Support
- Ensure that you meet the United Way Support Guidelines, which are:
- Your organization is a Registered Canadian Charity
- Your organization provides human service programs which align with United Way's funding priorities
- Your organization exists within the geographic area served by United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta. This area extends from the B.C. border to highway 36 up to and including Taber and Vauxhall, and from the U.S. border north to Claresholm.
- Please download and complete the Application Package using the links below.
- Submit your application on or before Thursday, March 29, 2018. Please be sure to include all required supporting documents.
- Submissions can be made digitally (preferred) by emailing email@example.com or
- You can also submit your completed application by mail or hand-delivery to:
United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta
1277 – 3 Avenue South
Lethbridge, Alberta, T1J 0K3
- Paper submissions must be SINGLE SIDED and NOT stapled.
Do We Qualify?
The United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta does NOT fund:
• Services that are primarily religious or political in nature
• Organizations acting in the capacity of a funding body
• The arts (unless tied to social programming)
• Medical research
• Capital costs (ex: acquisition of land or buildings, construction projects, purchase of vehicles, facility maintenance, utility payments)
• Wages and salaries (unless shown to be directly linked to a specific program’s delivery)
Please contact us if you have any questions or have difficulty accessing the forms. We will be happy to assist you!