Applications for program funding in 2023-2024 are now OPEN.
Applications for the 2023-2024 funding year will be open from January 31 to March 31, 2023.
Download Forms and Guidelines.
Note that United Way is not in a position to meet all recognized needs in the community. Funding will be allocated to areas of the most significant community needs first. It is possible that an agency might meet expectations on all criteria and still not be awarded funding.
Eligibility & How To Apply
- Ensure that your organization meets the United Way Support Guidelines, which are:
- Your organization is a Registered Canadian Charity or qualified donee in good standing with CRA
- Your organization provides human service programs which align with United Way's funding priorities
- Your organization exists within the geographic area served by United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta (B.C. border to highway 36 up to and including Taber and Vauxhall, and from the U.S. border north to Claresholm).
- Download and complete the Application Package using the links below. You will only need "Additional Section 3" if applying for funding to support more than one program.
- Submit your application on or before Friday, March 31, 2023. Be sure to include all required supporting documents.
- Email completed applications and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
The United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta is not able to fund the following:
• Non-registered Canadian charities (Information about Charity/Non-Charity Partnerships)
• Services that are primarily religious or political in nature
• Organizations acting in the capacity of a funding body
• The arts (unless tied to social programming)
• Medical research
• Capital costs (One-time expenses, the cost of which is needed to bring a project to an operable status. ex: acquisition of land or buildings, construction projects, purchase of vehicles, office equipment)
• Facility maintenance costs, rent, and utility payments
• Wages and salaries (unless shown to be directly linked to a specific program’s delivery)
• Deficit funding or retroactive funding
Please contact us if you have any questions or have difficulty accessing the forms. We will be happy to assist you!
Need in-depth help with this or any other grant application? Contact Volunteer Lethbridge for Expert Grant Support.