Applications for funding in 2019-2020 are now CLOSED. Applications for the 2020-2021 funding year will be available on Jan. 31, 2020.
Note that United Way is not in the position to meet all recognized needs in the community. Funding will be allocated to areas of the greatest perceived community needs first. It is possible that an agency might meet expectations on all criteria and still not be awarded funding.
How to Apply for Support
- Ensure that you meet the United Way Support Guidelines, which are:
- Your organization is a Registered Canadian Charity in good standing with CRA (Information about Charity/Non-Charity Partnerships)
- Your organization provides human service programs which align with United Way's funding priorities
- Your organization exists within the geographic area served by United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta. This area extends from the B.C. border to highway 36 up to and including Taber and Vauxhall, and from the U.S. border north to Claresholm.
- Please download and complete the Application Package using the links below. You will only need Additional Section 3 if applying for funding to support more than one program.
- Submit your application on or before Friday, March 29, 2019. Please be sure to include all required supporting documents.
- Submissions can be made digitally (preferred) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or
- By mail or hand-delivery to:
United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta
1277 – 3 Avenue South
Lethbridge, Alberta, T1J 0K3
- Paper submissions must NOT be stapled or in binders or coils.
Do We Qualify?
The United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta does NOT fund:
• Services that are primarily religious or political in nature
• Organizations acting in the capacity of a funding body
• The arts (unless tied to social programming)
• Medical research
• Capital costs (ex: acquisition of land or buildings, construction projects, purchase of vehicles, facility maintenance, utility payments)
• Wages and salaries (unless shown to be directly linked to a specific program’s delivery)
Please contact us if you have any questions or have difficulty accessing the forms. We will be happy to assist you!