Applications for COVID-19 Relief & Recovery funding through United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta are currently CLOSED.
This stream of General COVID-19 Relief and Recovery funding is made possible through the generosity of many individual and corporate donors. Applications for funding from the COVID-19 Seniors Response Project (funded by the Government of Canada's New Horizons for Seniors Program) and the Government of Canada's Emergency Community Support Fund are now closed.
How to Apply for Support
- Ensure that your organization meets the support guidelines, which are:
- The organization is a registered Canadian charity in good standing with CRA
- You are offering a program or service in direct response to the COVID-19 pandemic, assisting people and families in recovering from the effects of COVID-19, and/or adjusting to a return to in-person activities/programs.
- The program or service is offered in United Way’s service area (B.C. border east to highway 36, and the U.S. border north to Claresholm).
- Download and complete the forms using the link below. They will open as an MS Word docx file.
- Submit forms on or before 5:00pm on July 15, 2021.
- Email forms to email@example.com
- Paper submissions are discouraged.
There is approximately $80,000 available in this round of funding. Organizations selected to receive funding will not be required to sign a contract. By applying, agencies agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of United Way's Community Fund grant agreement. Funding, if approved, will be released on or before September 1, 2021. The full amount of the grant must be expended, and a final report submitted by March 1, 2022. Any unexpended funds must be returned to United Way.
The United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta is not able to fund:
• Organizations acting in the capacity of a funding body
• The arts (unless tied to social programming)
• Medical research
• Capital costs (One-time expenses, the cost of which is needed to bring a project to an operable status. ex: acquisition of land or buildings, construction projects, purchase of vehicles, office equipment)
• Wages and salaries (unless shown to be directly linked to a specific program’s delivery)
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have questions or need assistance.
The COVID-19 Relief & Recovery Fund has been made possible through donations from partners including Alberta Blue Cross, ATB Financial, Canadian Tire Ltd., The Co-Operators Bridge Insurance, Heaven Hill Brands, the Max Bell Foundation, Scotiabank, Wawanesa Insurance, and the generosity of many individuals. United Way of Lethbridge & South Western Alberta is thankful for the #LocalLove of the community during this challenging time.