Media Release – Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Southern Alberta Chapter is pleased to announce the following 2018 “Inspiring Philanthropy Award” honourees:
- Small Business – Cox Financial Group (Nominated by: University of Lethbridge Pronghorn Athletics)
- Corporate Philanthropists – Lethbridge Iron Works (Nominated by: United Way of Lethbridge & Southwestern Alberta)
- Indigenous - Robert & Priscilla Janes (Nominated by: University of Lethbridge)
- Individual Philanthropist/Family – Art & Mary Jane Crooks (Nominated by: Lethbridge College)
- Philanthropic Group - Canadian Home Builders Association – Lethbridge Region (Nominated by: Lethbridge College)
- Taber Charity Auction Group (Nominated by: STARS Air Ambulance)
- Youth - University of Lethbridge – Dhillon School of Business Integrated Management Experience (Nominated by: University of Lethbridge)
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents more than 30,000 members in over 230 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. The association fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. National Philanthropy Day® is an initiative of AFP and is a celebration of philanthropy—giving, volunteering and charitable engagement—that highlights the accomplishments, large and small, that philanthropy—and all those involved in the philanthropic proces —makes to our society and our world.
National Philanthropy Day® is both an official day and a grassroots movement. In 2012, the nation of Canada officially recognized NPD permanently, setting a new model for other countries to emulate. Since 1986 when President Ronald Reagan first proclaimed Nov. 15 as National Philanthropy Day®, communities across the globe have celebrated by hosting events to recognize activities of donors, volunteers, foundations, leaders, corporations, and others engaged in philanthropy.
The AFP Southern Alberta Chapter will host its fourth annual National Philanthropy Day® luncheon on Thursday, Nov. 15 at which time it will honour the recipients of the Inspiring Philanthropy Awards. The event takes place at the Signature Sandman Lethbridge Lodge. Tickets for the National Philanthropy Day® luncheon can be purchased online at Eventbrite or https://community.afpnet.org/afpabsouthernchapter/home