Poverty is a far-reaching, complex issue
It is also a lasting one. Once in the cycle of poverty, it is extremely difficult to overcome and can often affect future generations.
United Way is committed to ensuring access to immediate support for families and individuals. We invest in programs across South Western Alberta to give Albertans the ability to stabilize, avoid or move out of the cycle of poverty.
United Way provides support for programs and services in
- Employment and skills development
- Affordable housing and transportation
- Food access and community food
- Emergency shelters access
Priority populations supported by United Way
- Families and individuals struggling to maintain housing
- Single parents
- Individuals with disabilities and their families
- Aboriginal people
- New immigrants